Monday, February 21, 2011

MDS Watercolor Technique Tutorial

First select an image that has negative space and enlarge it to the size of your page or however you plan to use it.  Then you will use Extreme Element splatter image to add the watercolor effect of the flower.  Change the color to Cherry Cobbler and size to fit the flower. You can also use the flip or mirror options to move as well. Copy and paste splatter image to each flower part.  Next you will take an oval punch and change the color to Old Olive.  
Continue to copy and paste until you have filled in all the areas needed with these punches. You might need to zoom in to see the edges closely.
You could leave the background white but here I added a Riding Hood Red punch circle enlarged to fit over the whole image.   
With the large circle highlighted, arrange, order and send to back. Or right click and "send to back" option.
Now you will click on your large flower image highlighting it. Go to arrange, order and bring to front. Or right click and "bring to front" option.  
The sample Yvette Kreb's did with the For all you do Flower Block gave me such inspiration! I did that one as well for a scrapbook page that I will share with you later this week.  This was so much fun for me to do!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope that these instructions help you!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

I added the video on You Tube that I did!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Cindy - I have an award for you on my blog - http://monikastamp.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/stylish-blogger-award/ - the Stylish Blogger Award. You are an inspiration! Post the award on your blog, tell your readers 8 things about yourself, and pass it on to 8 others. Have an awesome day!
Monika

Janine said...

Love this technique! Thanks for sharing!

Ellen Barner said...

So inspirational. Thank you for sharing.