Friday, September 30, 2011

MDS Blog Hop Week 9

This week's theme was to use Pear Pizzaz, So Saffron, Cajun Craze, Night of Navy with one Neutral (I picked Early Espresso). I have to admit that I immediately I got nervous...really nervous. Where to begin? The colors seemed fallish I guess. I tried a scrap page. Did not like it at all. Then it hit me!

September 30th is a special day for my family and a great reason for me to make a small gift for two very special people in my life. Today is my parents' 44th wedding anniversary! and I had the perfect gift for them. I had seen this idea of special family dates on Pinterest (did you go look at that yet?) and knew I could make one for them on MDS! (I had already planned to make one for me!) The top dates are their birthdays and the bottom are my brother and mine. Not really the ACTUAL dates seen here but the Anniversary date is!  I played around several times with the colors of the challenge given and settled on this. The designer series paper is Autumn Spice - Patterns 1 and 4.  The numbers are from the Sweet Details Alpha and Numbers download. I printed it out as a 8x10 on Whisper White cardstock at the best quality ink.  
I bought a beautiful dark wood frame from Walmart for just $10.00. Then I took my Leaves #2 die cut and cut two leaves- one in So Saffron and other in Cajun Craze. The latter is embossed with the new Snow Burst Embossing Folder. Then a 1/8" taffeta ribbon in Early Espresso was added with a glue dot. They are attached to the frame with dimensionals. 
Next I needed a matching card for them.  I found a template of a 4.25x5.5" card and made my own modifications to fit my colors and celebration. I printed all four side of the card on my printer.  Added them to a 4.25x5.5 Early Espresso card and finished off with real Early Espresso Baker's Twine.  Never have made a card like this before but it is a good way to cover a darker card base.
So I hope you liked my MDS creation this week! I thought these would be great family gifts for Christmas too! Easy and inexpensive but all about celebrating FAMILY.
Love you Mom and Dad!
I am SUPER EXCITED to show you next week's MDS Blog Hop project!
Check back then but right now you want to continue to the next Design Diva on the list below.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Cindy
me:)

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a great gift! I love the idea!

Heather Summers said...

As always Cindy....looks GREAT!!! love the idea!

Aly Schilling said...

This is beautiful!!!!

Janelle said...

Hi Cindy - I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog and artwork. You are very creative. I have given you the Lieber award and you can get it from my blog - www.jaksscraps.blogspot.com. Thank you for all your posts!!!!