Friday, January 27, 2012

MDS Blog Hop Friday - Winter Fun

This week's challenge was a difficult one for me. The theme "Winter Fun" is hard to do when you have had NO SNOW at all this winter.  I did work on a vintage ice skating scrapbook page but I will not have the photos until this Sunday when we go ice skating with our youth group. So I went in a different direction with some inspiration from my talented fellow blog hop friends Jeanna and Julie.  Their takes on brayering in the digital form blew me away! Jeanna won the MDS Contest because of her fabulous card seen HERE and Julie did this AMAZING card HERE and then she did a tutorial video HERE on how to do it yourself! After watching it, I was ready to give it a try. So with the challenge theme in mind, I created this card using the brayering technique.  It is so easy to do! The hard part was figuring out what to place on top to finish the card.  I think I will get these printed and send some to friends in the north that actually have snow this year.

Keep warm friends!
Please remember to check out my fellow bloggers below and leave a comment!
We love to read them!
Cindy
ME - Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Cindy!!!! I freaking LOVE this! Amazing...

Holly VanDyne said...

Ooooh I will have to try that - what a BEAUTIFUL card and LOVE the colors you used! :)

Katherine said...

We have no snow here either - plus it's getting hard to stay WARM! I do love your card though. I might have to try this IRL - since I don't have a copy of MDS yet!