Friday, April 20, 2012

MDS Blog Hop Friday - Mothers/Grandmothers

This week's challenge was Mother/Grandmother. And while working on some more pages for my daughter's books, I ran across this photo of us 3 generations of girls. This is back from 2007 when we went to special Mother's Day performance. The layout is a case from a real page created by Melissa Huie. I love her style and the multi layers she does. So I wanted to try it in digital form.
I used an oldie but a goodie designer series paper pack called Urban Oasis. I did tone down the background chervon pattern by changing the opacity to 50%. Made it softer. I think the colors in the page compliments the colors in the photo well with all the greens, blues, browns and creams.
See that font on Mother's Day? It is from Heather's digital online class. We are having a blast learning and being challenge over there. I am knocking pages out for my books left and right. I highly recommend it!
Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think about this dandy little page.
Cindy

continue to the next blogger below...ERICA!

1 comment:

Holly VanDyne said...

What a great photo AND page! Perfect colors and I LOVE that dress in the photo! :)