Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Motley Monsters - Stampin' UP Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome back to the Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! We are working on to our September box from Stampin' UP. This box was full of products from the Stampin' UP Holiday Catalog! I am so excited to share fun and seasonal projects to inspire you! Every Thursday of each week for one full year, all 16 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Now on to my project this week.... 
When I looked at the Freaky Friends Stamp Set, I instantly saw the three little monsters. I wanted to take them in another direction than Halloween and saw them for a kiddo space monsters theme card. To create the torn hole in the Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper, just start a hole with your paper snips and then tear back. I added dimensionals on the back of the tears to secure them in place. I placed the DSP layer on Whisper White Cardstock base. You want to mark with a pencil where the hole will show on the card. Then ink up your monsters and stamp them on the card base. Erase the pencil lines and adhere the DSP to the card base. I think my favorite detail is the Blendabilities colored rhinestone for the one monster's single eye. (one of my fav movies is Monsters Inc hence the Mike Wazowski wanna-be)

 So I had to have some fun with this next bonus project for you! I had the other piece of Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper sitting there and right next to it was this little monster and the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits Die. Then this funny thing happened....I saw a space rocket in the die! I cut it out of the Silver Foil Sheet and punched a oval slot for the window. The flames are the Santa Stache Stamp Set stamped in Tangerine Tango on Tangerine Tango Cardstock and cut with the Mustache Framelit. Yeah it is a stretch but it oddly works. Bwahahahaha!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspire you today!
Cindy
You saw my friend from Utah, Becky Cowley before me and now move on to my friend in France, Helene Legrand by clicking on the next button below! 

11 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

So cute and clever! Don' t you love where inspiration comes from?

Teneale Williams said...

CLEVER! The rocket card is crazy clever!!! WOW

Stampin' Dolce said...

that rocket is to die for - it took me a wee bit to figure out just what it was!!!

Barbara said...

Your card with the rocket is so great!

Becky Cowley said...

Oh my gosh Cindy, I am sooooo totally in love with these fun and cute cards! Especially the little monster card! It has inspired me to create a scrapbook page with this set for my little monster!

Shelley said...

Love button! Need a love button! Talking about thinking outside the box! Love this rocket and the monster cards! WTG!

Beckie Roy said...

Clever use of the curvy keepsakes die... love your card. Thanks for sharing!

Allison Okamitsu said...

WOW! You are a smarty pants! LOVE it!

Vicky Hayes said...

I adore these cute little monsters too Cindy and love the way you have them bursting out of the first card. Just amazed by the rocket card - love your thinking!

Inge Groot said...

So incredibly creative, how clever. Gorgeous and fun cards Cindy!

Kerstin Kreis said...

what a clever idea with the "hole" in the card :-)